Tuesday, July 20, 2010

I must admit....

That my reasoning for starting this group was in part, selfish. Personally, I am growing tired of meeting other transfolks in therapy (trans) groups. Please do not mistake my words here...there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with meeting others via therapy groups. I mean, you are all there due to one common bond. Right? In fact, I have met some very influential people in my life, through therapy groups.

But let's put a different spin on it. What if you could meet people in a setting who have more than that one specific bond in common? What if you actually found someone in that group, that had similar interests? Maybe you both love coffee, hiking or swimming. Now there's a concept!

My hope in starting this group, is that it will begin to attract people who are not only trans or soffa, but who desire to make friends out of like-interests (not just merely by the fact that we are either soffa or trans).

So...that being said...the group is welcoming of all FTM (female-to-male), MTF (male-to-female), Significant Others, Family, Friends and Alliances (SOFFA) and genderqueer people.

No comments:

Post a Comment